Direct Cremation Services
Cremations from £999
We offer a fully inclusive cremation service from £999 for those wanting a straightforward and unattended cremation for their loved one.
Please Complete The Form And We Will Respond To You As Soon As Possible
By submitting your details on the Contact Form you will be contacted by one of our funeral advisors.
What is a Direct Cremation?
What is a direct cremation? A direct cremation, also referred to as a simple cremation, a pure cremation, a cremation without funeral, a cremation without service, is a direct funeral. A cheap, basic cremation with no funeral service or ceremony. The body of your loved one is transported from the home, hospice, hospital or care home to Direct2Grave, where we prepare your loved one for the crematorium.
Using a range of preferred partners to minimise the cost of the cremation, we are able to offer a comprehensive direct cremation product without any hidden charges. As you will not attend, after the cremation you can choose to have the cremated remains of your loved one scattered in the Garden of Remembrance in a recorded but unmarked place for later commemoration, collect them yourself or, for a small additional charge, have us collect and courier them to you.
Without going to the expense of a full funeral service we can also offer you some options, including the choice of crematorium* and the time of day, however, to keep our costs down for you we will minimise on the day personnel and leave you to your own devices after the coffin has been taken into the chapel. It is then for you to choose how to use the service time, be it 30 or 45 minutes. You could listen to music, read poems, or even arrange a celebration of your own.
*As long as it is within south east London and inside the M25**
Choice of Crematorium
***These venues do not cremate on site. For what this might mean to you please ask
Have a Question About Simple Cremations?
For more information, or to answer any questions about our direct cremations please call or email us.
What is included in a Direct Cremation?
- Our funerals direct services in bringing your loved one into our care from a hospital during normal working hours. Collections out of hours and from home, care home or hospices are at additional cost.
- Completion and submission of all necessary paperwork
- A simple wood effect veneered coffin
- Cremation fees if choosing our partner crematoria
- Suitable vehicle and an appropriate number of staff on the day for your chosen service
What is not included in a Direct Cremation Service?
- Doctor’s fees for the cremation forms if the death did not involve HM Coroner
- Celebrant or officiant charges